mardi 25 mai 2010

Letter 47

Hi Dad!
How are you? I'm sorry I haven't been writing much lately... I've been busy with my own thoughts. But everything is just fine. Really. I feel good. Today I enjoyed being alone at home. I really like it sometimes, being alone, not caring about anything and just doing what i felt like. But i had some school stuff to do. Like my french essay took some time. The plan for it took 5 pages and thank god that we didn't have to write the whole thing. It would have taken ages to finish.
I realized something two days ago. I don't think it's a very good thing, but I don't really enjoy the company of people my own age (but don't take me wrong there are a few exceptions to this). But really I dread hanging out with some of the people in my grade. All my friends are somewhat older than me. I think it's because of me being the youngest. I've always been circled with older people that always taught me stuff and talked to me about more grown up topics. I got used to it hence me being bored around people with less mature conversations and interest. But I do feel sometimes like all I do is learn and never be the one spreading information. I've always been the one listening never the one listened to. I may be generalizing a lot and exaggerating. But what can I do? it's just a feeling i have. Don't get me wrong i love learning new stuff from the family and all. Really I'm really grateful for it. And i wouldn't want it any other way.
Love you dad!
I miss you a ton.
Kisses from your Sasouma