lundi 10 mai 2010

Letter 45

Hey Dad!
How are you? I just got back from Syria. I'm exhausted. But it was nice to visit again. Mum and me went with Myriam, Nour and Malek together. All of us in the same car. Really mom and Malek were sitting in front next to the driver. Myriam, Nour and me in the back. Oh i forgot to mention we were in a small car. But it was quite quick. Before arriving to the border, we stopped at a restaurant to have breakfast seeing we woke up at 6 and left at 7. And before leaving we checked the toilets. And you can't imagine how discusting it was. Poop everywhere. A chinese man while going out of the stall he flushed and it overflowed and shit was everywhere. It was horrible. Worse than a horror movie. So we left. We arrived in Syria and the taxicab dropped of off in the middle of the square and left. We barely arrived and we were already lost. We walked around asking people were the hotel was and each person we asked they gave us different directions. Like Tweedledee and Tweedledum from Alice in wonderland. We finally arrived there and discovered the Angelina Jolie and Bratt Pitt went to that same hotel the Shumans were staying at. Mum and me were scheduled to sleep at the house. We then met up with Minou at her hotel we drank a coffee and then hop we started walking. In my entire life i have NEVER walked so much. And even the most comfortable shoes (in this case Converse and Birkenstock) gave us all blisters. But it was nice to see the old souk and all the kind of kiosks. It was really nice. By the end of the day we were exhausted. Mum and me decided that we were going to sleep in Minou's hotel room. Her single's room to be more precise.
The second day we woke up in hysterics. In the hotel room there was two beds stuck together. Minou slept in one, Mom in the other and me? In the middle. I woke up i couldn't move my butt. Mom took one glance at me and she burst out laughing. Minou then woke up and had the exact same reaction. Why? I was stuck in between the two beds and my side was touching the floor. But what's really surprising was that i was extremely comfortable. The rest of the matinee was all formalities and walking from one office to the other. I would tell you exactly where we when to do what but i have absolutely not a single idea. Then when we finished at around 1 thirty we met up with the Shumans. We had lunch at Mona Lisa. Your grandparent's home. It was nice. A lot of the time I thought of you. You would have loved being with us. So the main reason we went there was for the damned formalities that didn't finish on Sunday (we left Broumana Saturday were supposed to be back the day the followed) so mum and me stayed until Monday. But ironically up nothing is done. But what ever.
I love you
Kisses
I miss you extremely